Week 12 CFL Preview
21 October 2021
Week 12 of the CFL regular season is here, and we have prepared a couple of picks for you to check out!
Toronto at Montreal
- Date & Time: October 22, 7:30 pm ET
- Dunkel Ratings: Toronto 114.632; Montreal 109.736
- Dunkel Line & Total: Toronto by 5; 51
- Vegas Line & Total: Toronto by 1 ½; 48 ½
- Dunkel Pick: Toronto (-1 ½); Over
The Argos are quietly sitting atop the East Division and are getting hot at the right time. Toronto has won three in a row and have already gotten the best of Montreal in 2021. Without starting quarterback Vernon Adams Jr, the Alouettes are in trouble.
Montreal will have to heavily rely on their rushing attack, but it won’t be enough to win at home against one of the hottest teams in the CFL.
Ottawa at Hamilton
- Date & Time: October 23, 4:00 pm ET
- Dunkel Ratings: Ottawa 95.826; Hamilton 118.144
- Dunkel Line & Total: Hamilton by 22 ½; 44
- Vegas Line & Total: Hamilton by 14 ½; 41 ½
- Dunkel Pick: Hamilton (-14 ½); Over
Ottawa comes into this matchup with the worst record in the league at 2-8, and Hamilton has been a major disappointment at 4-5. The defending East Division champs are on a two-game losing streak, both coming at home. Look for Jeremiah Masoli and Hamilton to get back on track with a blowout win over Ottawa.
Redblacks quarterback Caleb Evans has been a nice story, but the Ticats possess one of the best secondaries in the league and shouldn’t allow many big plays in this matchup. Hamilton wins in a blowout.
BC at Winnipeg
- Date & Time: October 23, 7:00 pm ET
- Dunkel Ratings: BC 112.959; Winnipeg 120.285
- Dunkel Line & Total: Winnipeg by 7 ½; 38
- Vegas Line & Total: Winnipeg by 11 ½; 41 ½
- Dunkel Pick: BC (+11 ½); Under
The Bombers are on a seven-game win streak, and there are no signs of a loss coming their way. The defense is in your face, and the offense is getting better as the season progresses. That doesn’t mean the betting line isn’t too high, however.
At Dunkel Index, we think this game is closer to a touchdown than double-digits, so take the Lions +11.5. Quarterback Mike Reilly is still elite when he has enough time in the pocket and is somebody you should feel comfortable backing in this spot.
Saskatchewan at Calgary
- Date & Time: October 23, 9:45 pm ET
- Dunkel Ratings: Saskatchewan 112.860; Calgary 120.072
- Dunkel Line & Total: Calgary by 7; 40
- Vegas Line & Total: Saskatchewan by 1; 43 ½
- Dunkel Pick: Calgary (+1); Under
Calgary has already won their first two matchups against Saskatchewan, and this game should be no different. Stamps quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell is coming off his best performance of the season, and the Riders remain a team whose ceiling is only so high due to QB Cody Fajardo and his inconsistent play.
Considering this game will be played at McMahon Stadium, I have no idea why the Riders are slight favorites. Take Calgary to win outright and get over .500 for the first time this season.
Keep up with your latest CFL news coverage and betting pick previews with the Dunkel Index.