Stars vs. Rangers NHL Predictions, Picks and Odds - November 20
20 November 2023
The Dallas Stars (11-4-1) will host the New York Rangers (12-2-1) on Monday at 8:00 PM ET, in a game featuring one of the top four squads from the Western and Eastern Conferences, respectively. Stars (-135) versus Rangers (+111) has a definite favorite, according to the moneyline odds.
Ahead of this matchup, here is who we expect to bring home the win in Monday's hockey action.
Stars vs. Rangers Predictions & Pick
For the upcoming contest between the Dallas Stars and New York Rangers, computer-derived moneyline, over/under, and score predictions are below, based on data from Dunkel Index.
- Prediction: Stars 3 - Rangers 2
- Pick OU:
(Dunkel projecting 5.07 goals)
Pick with the best in the business! Get free picks for every game, every week at the Dunkel Index.
Stars vs. Rangers Moneylines
Snag a look below at the most recent moneylines for the Stars-Rangers game.
- Favorite: Stars (-135)
- Underdog: Rangers (+111)
Stars Betting Insights
- The Stars have been victorious in 10 of their 15 games when they were listed as a moneyline favorite this season (66.7%).
- Dallas is 7-1 (victorious in 87.5% of its games) when playing with moneyline odds of -135 or shorter.
- The Stars have a 57.4% chance (based on the moneyline's implied probability) to win this matchup.
- In eight games this season, Dallas and its opponent have combined for more than 5.5 goals.
Rangers Betting Insights
- The Rangers have been an underdog twice so far this season, and went 1-1 in those games.
- New York has not had a game so far this season as a bigger moneyline underdog than the +111 odds on them winning this game.
- The implied probability of a win by the Rangers, based on the moneyline, is 47.4%.
- New York has played seven games this season that finished with more than 5.5 goals.
Stars Key Stats
- Dallas ranks 16th in the NHL with 54 goals scored (3.4 per game).
- Defensively, the Stars are one of the stingiest units in league play, conceding 44 total goals (2.8 per game) to rank fifth.
- Its +10 goal differential is the eighth-best in the league.
- The 11 power-play goals the Stars have recorded this season (to rank 19th in the NHL) have come on 53 power-play chances.
- Dallas' 20.75% power-play conversion rate ranks 14th in the league.
- The four shorthanded goals the Stars have scored this season rank second among NHL squads.
- Dallas' 89.09% penalty-kill success rate is the second-best in the league.
- Dallas wins the seventh-highest percentage of faceoffs in the NHL, 52.6%.
- The Stars make 11% of their shots (12th in the league).
Rangers Key Stats
- New York has 51 goals this season (3.4 per game), 19th in the league.
- The Rangers' total of 33 goals conceded (only 2.2 per game) is second in the NHL.
- It has the fourth-best goal differential in the league at +18.
- The Rangers have 16 power-play goals (on 48 chances), fifth in the NHL.
- New York has the NHL's second-best power-play percentage (33.33%).
- The Rangers have one shorthanded goal (19th in NHL).
- At 84.78%, New York has the 10th-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- New York wins 55.7% of faceoffs, No. 1 in the NHL.
- With a shooting percentage of 11.8%, the Rangers are third in the league.