Maryland vs. UMBC Dunkel Predictions & Vegas Odds - November 21
21 November 2023
The Maryland Terrapins (1-3) host the UMBC Retrievers (3-2) at Xfinity Center, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2023. The Terrapins are 19-point favorites in the game. The over/under for the matchup is set at 142.5.
Last time out, Maryland lost 57-40 to Villanova on Friday. Julian Reese recorded 10 points, six rebounds and one assist for Maryland. UMBC's last outing on Sunday ended in a 94-79 win over Loyola (MD). Devan Sapp scored 18 points in UMBC's win, leading the team.
Maryland vs. UMBC Odds and Game Time
- When: Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Xfinity Center in College Park, Maryland
- Spread Favorite: Maryland -19
- Moneyline Favorite: Maryland -2241
- Moneyline Underdog: UMBC +1150
- Over/Under: 142.5 points
How to watch Maryland vs. UMBC
- TV Channel: Big Ten Network
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
- Check out the rest of our Dunkel Index NCAA Basketball Picks!
Betting the Over/Under: Maryland vs. UMBC
- Of 35 games last season, Maryland played nine with more than 142.5 points scored, its current matchup's over/under.
- UMBC's games went over 142.5 total points scored in 17 of 31 matchups last season.
- The Terrapins and the Retrievers combined to average 1.5 more points per game a season ago than the total of 142.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams averaged a combined 136.3 points per game last season, 6.2 fewer than the point total for this game.
- The average point total for Maryland's games last year was 9.3 fewer points than the total of 142.5 in this matchup.
- UMBC's games in 2022 averaged an over/under of 147.1 points, 4.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Betting the Spread: Maryland vs. UMBC
- Maryland compiled a 22-13-0 ATS record last year.
- When playing as at least 19-point favorites last season, the Terrapins had an ATS record of 3-1.
- UMBC went 15-16-0 ATS last season.
- Maryland was 13-4 against the spread, and 16-1 overall, at home last season.
- At home last year, Maryland was 3-1 ATS as a 19-point favorite or greater.
- UMBC was 5-10 overall, and 7-8 against the spread, on the road last season.
Betting the Moneyline: Maryland vs. UMBC
- Maryland won 20 of the 24 games it was the moneyline favorite last season (83.3%).
- The Terrapins won all six games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -2241 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives Maryland a 95.7% chance to win.
- UMBC won three, or 25%, of the 12 games it played as underdogs last season.
- The Retrievers played as an underdog of +1150 or more once last season and lost that game.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that UMBC has a 8.0% chance to win.