Liberty vs. Sun: Betting Trends, Odds, Records Against the Spread, Home/Road Splits - October 1
30 September 2023
The New York Liberty will play the Connecticut Sun in Game 4 of the WNBA playoffs semifinals.
New York beat Connecticut 92-81 on the road in its last matchup. Breanna Stewart (25 PTS, 11 REB, 2 BLK, 57.9 FG%) and Betnijah Laney (20 PTS, 8 REB, 2 STL, 53.3 FG%, 2-5 from 3PT) paced the Liberty, and Alyssa Thomas (23 PTS, 9 REB, 14 AST, 64.7 FG%) and Tiffany Hayes (16 PTS, 54.5 FG%, 2-5 from 3PT) led the Sun.
Liberty vs. Sun Predictions
For the upcoming contest between the Liberty and Sun, computer-derived against-the-spread, over/under, and score predictions are below, per Dunkel Index.
- Pick ATS: Liberty (- 4.5)
- Pick OU:
- Prediction: Liberty 87 - Sun 80
Liberty vs. Sun Moneylines
Grab a peek below at the most recent moneylines for the Liberty-Sun game.
- Sun Moneyline: +180
- Liberty Moneyline: -225
Pick with the best in the business! Get free picks for every game, every week at the Dunkel Index.
Liberty Betting Insights
- The Liberty have an implied moneyline win probability of 69.2% in this matchup.
- New York has won 85% of its games this season as a moneyline favorite (34-6).
- The Liberty have gone 31-5 when they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -225 or shorter (86.1%).
- In 32 games this season, New York and its opponents have scored more than 159.5 combined points.
- The Liberty have an average point total of 169.8 in their games this year, 10.3 more points than this matchup's over/under.
Sun Betting Insights
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Sun have a 35.7% chance to win.
- Last season, Connecticut was an underdog 11 times and won four, or 36.4%, of those games.
- The Sun were not a bigger underdog last season than the +180 moneyline set for this game.
- The Sun had a 163.5-point average over/under in their matchups last year, 4.0 more points than the total for this game.
Key Stats for Liberty vs. Sun
- The 89.2 points per game New York puts up are 10.2 more points than Connecticut gives up (79).
- The Liberty have a 29-5 record when scoring more than 79 points.
- So far in 2023, New York's offense has been better at home, where it scores 90 points per game, compared to on the road, where it averages 88.5 per game. On defense, it has been slightly worse at home, where it surrenders 81.2 points per game, versus playing on the road, where it allows opponents to average 79.9 per game.
- Connecticut scores an average of 82.7 points per game, just 2.1 more points than the 80.6 New York allows to opponents.
- The Sun have gone 20-9 when they've scored more than 80.6 points.
- Connecticut averages 85.1 points per game at home, 4.8 more than on the road (80.3). On defense, it gives up 80 per game, two more than away (78).
All Media on this page by Associated Press.