James Madison vs. Southern Illinois Dunkel Predictions & Vegas Odds - November 21
21 November 2023
The No. 22 James Madison Dukes (4-0) visit the Southern Illinois Salukis (3-0) at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, beginning at 6:00 PM ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2023. The Salukis are 5.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup's over/under is set at 146.5.
In its last outing on Friday, James Madison claimed a 76-73 victory over Radford. Terrence Edwards' team-leading 21 points led James Madison in the victory. Southern Illinois won its last outing 71-55 against Chicago State on Thursday. AJ Ferguson scored a team-best 20 points for Southern Illinois in the victory.
James Madison vs. Southern Illinois Odds and Game Time
- When: Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 6:00 PM ET
- Where: Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya in Cancún, Mexico
- Spread Favorite: James Madison -5.5
- Moneyline Favorite: James Madison -247
- Moneyline Underdog: Southern Illinois +201
- Over/Under: 146.5 points
How to watch James Madison vs. Southern Illinois
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
- Check out the rest of our Dunkel Index NCAA Basketball Picks!
Betting the Over/Under: James Madison vs. Southern Illinois
- Out of 30 games last year, James Madison played 15 with over 146.5 points scored, its current matchup's over/under.
- Southern Illinois played four games last year (12.5% of chances) in which the teams combined to score more than 146.5 points.
- These two teams averaged a combined 146.2 points per game a season ago, 0.3 fewer points than the over/under of 146.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams averaged a combined 129.5 points per game last season, 17.0 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total in James Madison's games last year was 2.1 more points than the over/under of 146.5 in this matchup.
- The average total for Southern Illinois' games in 2022 was 19.4 fewer points than the point total of 146.5 for this game.
Betting the Spread: James Madison vs. Southern Illinois
- James Madison covered 18 times in 30 matchups with a spread last season.
- The Dukes covered the spread 10 times last season (10-5 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Southern Illinois put together a 12-18-2 ATS record last year.
- The Salukis were an underdog by 5.5 points or more four times last season, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- Southern Illinois was 6-8 against the spread, and 12-2 overall, at home last year.
- At home last year, as a 5.5-point underdog or greater, Southern Illinois was 4-6 ATS.
- On the road last season, James Madison was 9-5 against the spread and 8-6 overall.
- On the road, as a 5.5-point favorite or more, James Madison was 3-1 ATS.
Betting the Moneyline: James Madison vs. Southern Illinois
- James Madison won 72% of the games last season in which it was favored on the moneyline (18-7).
- In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -247 or shorter, the Dukes had a 10-3 record (winning 76.9% of their games).
- Based on this game's moneyline, James Madison has an implied win probability of 71.2%.
- Southern Illinois was underdogs nine times last season and won three of those games.
- Last season, the Salukis won one of their four games when they were an underdog by at least +201 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 33.2% chance of a victory for Southern Illinois.