Canucks vs. Sharks NHL Predictions, Picks and Odds - November 20
20 November 2023
The Vancouver Canucks (12-5-1) will host the San Jose Sharks (3-13-1) on Monday at 10:00 PM ET, in a matchup featuring two squads residing at different ends of the Western Conference. The sportsbooks have made the Canucks big favorites at -389 on the moneyline, and the Sharks are at +297.
Before watching this matchup, here's our prediction for which club will bring home the win in Monday's hockey action.
Canucks vs. Sharks Predictions & Pick
For predictions on the upcoming contest between the Vancouver Canucks and San Jose Sharks, computer-derived moneyline, over/under, and score predictions are below, sourced from Dunkel Index.
- Prediction: Sharks 4 - Canucks 3
- Pick OU:
(Dunkel projecting 6.99 goals)
Pick with the best in the business! Get free picks for every game, every week at the Dunkel Index.
Canucks vs. Sharks Moneylines
Snag a look below at the latest moneylines for the Canucks-Sharks matchup.
- Favorite: Canucks (-389)
- Underdog: Sharks (+297)
Canucks Betting Insights
- The Canucks have won 75.0% of their games when favored on the moneyline this season (6-2).
- Vancouver has never played a game this season shorter than -389 moneyline odds.
- Based on this matchup's moneyline, the Canucks have an implied probability of 79.6% to win.
- Vancouver and its opponent have combined to score more than 6.5 goals in 14 of 18 games this season.
Sharks Betting Insights
- This season the Sharks have won three of the 17 games, or 17.6%, in which they've been an underdog.
- San Jose has played as a moneyline underdog of +297 or longer two times so far this season. They lost both games.
- Bookmakers have implied, given the moneyline set for this matchup, that the Sharks have a 25.2% chance to win.
- San Jose has combined with its opponent to score more than 6.5 goals in four of 17 games this season.
Canucks Key Stats
- Vancouver is the top-scoring unit in the NHL, with 75 total goals (4.2 per game, on 7.4 assists per contest).
- Defensively, the Canucks are one of the stingiest units in league play, conceding 45 total goals (2.5 per game) to rank sixth.
- It has a league-best goal differential of +30.
- The 22 power-play goals the Canucks have recorded this season are second-best in the NHL (on 68 power-play chances).
- Vancouver has the league's third-best power-play conversion rate (32.35%).
- The two shorthanded goals the Canucks have scored this season rank ninth among NHL squads.
- Vancouver's 77.19% penalty-kill success rate ranks 19th in the league.
- Vancouver wins 50.3% of its faceoffs to rank 17th in the NHL.
- The Canucks have a 14.3% shooting percentage as a team, which leads the league.
Sharks Key Stats
- San Jose's 26 goals on the season (1.5 per game) rank 32nd in the NHL.
- The Sharks' total of 72 goals allowed (4.2 per game) is 32nd in the NHL.
- With a goal differential of -46, the team is 32nd in the league.
- The Sharks have eight power-play goals (on 50 chances), 24th in the NHL.
- San Jose scores on 16% of its power plays, No. 23 in the NHL.
- At 71.43%, San Jose has the 29th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- San Jose wins 54.4% of faceoffs, third-best in the NHL.
- The 6.2% shooting percentage of the Sharks is 32nd in the league.